Yall, the more I use my Instant Pot, the more obsessed I become. I was using it once every couple weeks then it turned in to weekly, now I’m using it multiple times a week and I can’t get enough. It seems that everything we make in there is so good. Since I cook dinner Sunday through Thursday, I’m always looking for new meals and the Instant Pot has given me so many new options for all of our meals.
Most of the meals I make are spicy so when I find a recipe that has a bit of a kick, I’m all over it. I’ve been making honey chicken in the Instant Pot since I got it, even though it was delicious the recipe needed more flavor. After some experimenting with the ingredients I finally found the perfect combination. This is usually in our weekly rotation of meals because it is bursting with flavor and I love that it only takes 5 minutes in the Instant Pot. It doesn’t get much better than a meal that is quick and delicious.
Instant Pot Spicy Honey Chicken Recipe
- 1-2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- .5 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Cut thawed chicken into small bite sized pieces.
- Place all chicken into the Instant Pot
- Mix together all ingredients except the cornstarch.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Close the lid and steam valve.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual, pressure, high 5 minutes.
- Once complete, do a quick release and open lid.
- Mix about 1 tablespoon siracha and 1 tablespoon water with the cornstarch. If you don’t want as much spice, just mix cornstarch with water only.
- Turn Instant Pot off then Set Instant Pot to saute, normal and let bubble for a few minutes.
- Stir mixture until it thickens.
- Serve spicy honey chicken over rice.
If you want more vegetables with you meal, I serve a side of sauteed spinach and they go great together. This meal is one of our favorites and I’m sure it will become one or your favorites too! Let me know how you like it.