Since last year, I became overly obsessed with all the connected home products offered at Best Buy. There has been one thing that I’ve had my eye on for over a year now and my husband (finally) agreed we needed it – the Arlo Wire-Free HD Security Cameras.
How we monitor our home with our Arlo cameras
We live in a nice neighborhood and I never worry about intruders so I wanted the cameras for much more than that. Since I travel often, I wanted a way to peak into my house when I’m gone. I absolutely love to travel but I miss home when I’m gone no matter if I’m traveling for 1 night or a week. Being able to peek into my home while I’m gone is comforting.
Although I work at home, there are many days that I am out and about either running errands or meeting with clients. Since I am a happy momma to four fur babies, I’m constantly worried about them. (Yes, I’m one of those people.) They are usually tearing up the house or frolicking outside with a toy. No matter what they are doing, it makes to feel at ease when I’m able to check in on them and make sure they haven’t snuck out of our fence.
— Dallas Socials (@DallasSocials) March 6, 2016
While I am at home, I’m usually buried away in my office which is located at the front of the house. I love it because it has a big, beautiful window to see out front but since we have a lot of packages delivered to my house, I usually keep my blinds partially open so no body can see inside. Since we are always getting packages, either me or my husband have to answer the door to sign for it. We both hate answering the door not knowing who will be there, so the Arlo has eased the anxiety of knowing who is at our door. When the door bell rings, I instantly check my Arlo app and take a peek at who is there. Sometimes it’s a Fedex man waiting for us to answer while other times it’s a solicitor.
Here’s what you get with the Arlo Smart Home Indoor/Outdoor Wireless High-Def IP Security Cameras
- 2 wireless cameras – Each feature a CMOS image sensor to capture high-resolution video footage up to 720p (1280 x 720).
- 12 IR LEDs – Provide night vision up to 25′, so you can record videos in dimly lit environments.
- 130° field of view – Allows you to capture a wide area.
- Motion-activated design – Automatically records once motion is detected, then sends you e-mail or app notifications.
- Weatherproof construction – Lets you use the cameras both indoors and outdoors in temperatures from 14° to 122°.
- 2 magnetic camera mounts and 2 mounting screws – Make it easy to install the cameras on a wall or other flat surface.
- Downloadable apps – Enable you to view live video from your compatible Android, Apple® iOS, Amazon Kindle, Windows or Mac device.
- Cloud storage – Lets you save recent activity to view at a later time.
My Arlo cameras have been a blessing. They’ve allowed me to not have so much anxiety about being away from my house. They were super easy to set up (and hang up), we were able to complete the whole set up process in about 10 minutes! If you’re looking for a way to protect your home, check out the Arlo Smart Home Indoor/Outdoor Wireless High-Def IP Security Cameras.
Do you have a connected home product in your house?