If you’re planning on going on a picnic, you have to be prepared. It’s fun to gather goodies for your adventure, but don’t forget anything important. I’ve compiled a list of my favorite items to take with me when I go on picnics.
- Picnic Basket: This is an obvious suggestion, but you would be surprised how many items people actually forget. If you don’t buy a pre-filled picnic basket, make sure you add all the essentials (utensils, plates, wine glasses, napkins, etc).
- Blanket: Many parks do have tables but it’s not a true picnic unless you’re on the ground on a blanket. Make sure the one you bring isn’t too thing, you don’t want to get stuck with thorns, leaves and other foilage.
- JBL Reflect Sport Headphones: These are great if you’ll be at the park for an extended amount of time or if you’re by yourself. I’ve been known to wear these so people won’t bother me . If you’re looking for a great pair of headphones to workout with, these are highly recommended. Providing legendary sound in a workout-ready headphones design, it puts you well on your way to achieving your athletic goals. Designed to stay secure in your ears, these ergonomic, stay-put ear-buds are engineered to withstand the rigors of your most energetic workout, delivering on the soundtrack to push you to drive harder.
- Plastic mason jars: Yes, the glass mason jars are great but they are heavy and it sucks if/when they break. Some parks don’t allow glass so be sure to check before you go.
- A cork screw: No picnic is complete without a glass (or two) of wine. Have you ever been stuck somewhere with a bottle of unopened wine and no cork screw? It sucks!
- JBL Clip Portable Bluetooth Speaker: If you’re with your friends and family, you’ll want some music. I have the speaker pictured and love it. The clip is extremely handy, you can clip it on to your picnic basket and have a party!
These are the essentials that you will need for any picnic, whether it be a relaxing day at the park or a day filled with loud music and drinks.
If you’re in the market for new electronics like the ones I listed head to Audio Fest. Best Buy’s August Audio Fest is taking place across all Best Buy stores from 8/3/14 – 8/30/14. Visit a Best Buy store to test & try the latest & greatest in audio – from portable Bluetooth speakers and headphones, to home theater solutions and car audio.
Would you add electronics to your picnic essentials?
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free