Whether you’re wanting to hit a few balls or chow down on some delicious bites all while having a good time, Top Golf is the place. I had mixed feelings about Top Golf before I actually went because I didn’t know what it was all about. It’s a place for guys to go and play golf, right? Well, I was wrong.
Upon arriving at Top Golf, we were greeted and got our play cards set up. The Top Golf cards are personalized (fancy!) and resemble a credit card, the card keeps track of all your previous scores from the games you’ve played. Instead of renting out a set of golf clubs, we opted to bring our own. If you don’t have your own set, you can rent clubs for free so don’t sweat it.
Three stories of golf bays line the complex, luckily we were set up on the second floor in the very center with a gorgeous view of the course. To start golfing we inserted our cards and we were good to go. To keep things interesting, you are able to choose from 5 different styles of games: Top Golf, Top Chip, Top Pressure, Top Shot, and Top Drive. Here’s a break down…
- Top Golf: Score points by hitting balls into any target. The closer to the center and the further the distance, the more points you earn. Hit your ball into any shaded area and your next ball counts double.
- Top Chip: Perfect to work on your short game. This game utilizes just the red target (5 shots), yellow target (5 shots) and green target (10 shots). Hit the correct target and you’ll score points, but hit the wrong target and watch your points disappear.
- Top Pressure: Test your touch, accuracy and how well you work under pressure by hitting all 9 sections within the yellow target. There’s two more levels with points worth 2X and 10X the section amount. Be careful not to hit the same section twice in these levels or you’ll lose points.
- Top Shot: Challenges you to hit the targets at 4 consecutive distances (5 shots each). Determine the level of difficulty by the starting point you choose (red, yellow, green or brown target). Hit the correct target and you’ll score points, but hit the wrong target and say goodbye to those points.
- Top Drive: Think you can hit the ball hard and far? This game will prove you wrong. Drive the ball to the pink/white and black targets. I watched many men attempt to get to the back targets and didn’t see one hit it, quite entertaining to say the least.
Each game was exciting and kept me interested. While testing out each game, I had a few drinks and looked over the menu. I was starving and assumed they would only have bar food but I was wrong! For starters I ordered the Mushi as recommended by my waitress. She told me that it was one of everybody’s favorites on the menu, so I took her word for it. Trust me when I say, the Mushi did not disappoint. Think of eating sushi with mexican ingredients, pretty awesome, right? A few drinks later, I was ready for dinner. Nothing too crazy was ordered, just a Classic Cheeseburger and Margherita Pizza. Both were delicious and highly recommended.
It was a chilly night and I did not come prepared, as usual. I figured I would freeze my butt off but was pleasantly surprised that the bays had outdoor heaters that kept the area nice and cozy.
No matter if you are an amateur or pro golfer, Top Golf is for everybody and every level. Test out your golf skills, devour the food and enjoy the atmosphere, you won’t be disappointed.