Over the past 2 years, I’ve been slowly but surely finding apps and using every resource I can to live every day life smarter. Bryce has stayed home with me since the day he was born and as a working mom having a child constantly on your side isn’t the easiest. I wouldn’t trade it for the world but we have our struggles.
Since my husband and I work for ourselves, we don’t have set “work hours.” We work all day and night depending on our daily schedule. If I don’t get a lot done during the day because of every day happenings (errands, chores, activities, etc), I get to make up those hours once everybody goes to sleep. Let me tell you, I am a night owl and can stay up and work all night but missing out on a good night’s sleep isn’t something I love to do.
I’ve learned that almost everything I do on a regular basis has an app or a service I can use that will help me get through my days easier. Here are a few examples of how I’m making life easier with apps and services.
- Online Grocery Shopping – Most stores will deliver your food straight to your house for a fee or you can shop at Whole Foods using Amazon Prime and they will deliver FREE within 2 hours with a $35 or more order.
- Chickfila – Order ahead of time on the app no matter if you’re driving through or dining in. Your food will be ready instantly and very little waiting time, if any.
- Target – Don’t have time (or money) to wander through Target? Order only the items you need on their app and select drive up when checking out. They deliver your order directly to your car when you pull into their parking lot.
- USPS – I ship a lot of items and getting to the post office isn’t always something I can do in a timely manner. Easily schedule a FREE USPS pickup for any day of the week (excluding Sunday)
- Amazon – This one if a no brainer especially when they will deliver something to you in hours.
These are just basic everyday actions I’ve been able to take advantage of. At the end of the day time is money, whether we are having to take off work to do mundane every day life stuff or take time away from our family when we only get a limited time with them everyday. Finding businesses and services that work in your favor is key to getting stuff done.
One business I recently used and loved is Zohr, a mobile tire company. I’ve always been really good about keeping up with maintenance on my vehicles. But there is something about taking care of my tires that drive me crazy. Maybe it’s because anytime I need tire work done whether it be a flat tire, rotate and balance or new tires, it takes hours every single time. I’m usually stuck inside a small waiting place with everybody else thinking the same thing, “are they done yet?”
My husband bought a new to us car a few months back and we’ve been slowly but surely working on it getting everything like new again. As you can imagine, the tires have been the last thing we’ve messed with. He badly needed a rotate and balance but neither of us have had the time or energy to deal with it.
After learning about Zohr, I booked an appointment and they came straight to my house. I received notifications on my phone when they were on their way including a map of their GPS so I knew exactly where they were. Every single company should have this, how many times have you heard a technician was “on their way” and they don’t show up for 2 hours. After getting the first notification, my mechanic from Zohr was at my house in less than 20 minutes.
They arrive in a van fully equipped to work on your tires no matter if you’re replacing your tires or getting something simple done. The appointment lasted less than an hour and they were on our way. It was the most simple thing I’ve ever done and I was able to strike through my to do of getting the tires rotated.
The beauty is that they will not just come to your house but also your place of work! How many times have you needed to get something important done but push it off because you don’t want to waste a work day doing it? Now, you have no excuse.
Tire replacement is in the near future for my husband’s car and it doesn’t sound so daunting knowing that I don’t have to go anywhere to get them done. Zohr is one of those companies that understand our time is valuable and is making life easy, one tire at a time.
If you’re in the market to get tire work done in the near future (which most of us are), be sure to use the code BETSY10 for 10% off of your services!