There is one thing certain about motherhood, once you think you’ve figured it out, things are going to change. Our current hurdle is our toddler lunches. Breakfast is fairly simple and he eats the same key items every day – eggs, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. For dinner, Bryce usually eats our leftovers from the night before but toddler lunches are a bit different for us. It seems like we’re always scratching out head figuring out what to feed him.
I breastfed Bryce for as long as possible then one day he went on a nursing strike and decided he was done. While I was okay with the decision, I was not ready for it since he had never even taken a bottle. It was an adjustment and just like all things, we made it work. Right when we got used to the bottle, the doctor told us that we needed to start weaning him from it. While we are still in the process of that, we have gone full force with his meals. The kid eats more than we do and I have no idea where he puts it.
Some days he loves guacamole, while other days he won’t even touch it. Other days he can eat a whole tub of yogurt, while other days he could care less. You just never know what you’re going to get so I’ve started making a list of items that we love to make for toddler lunches.
Photo Credit: “Hummus Monster” by Eating Richly
Kids want their food to look as exciting as they hope it tastes! That’s why Eating Richly‘s Hummus Monster is where I’m starting all the fun! Sure, she created her fun toddler lunch for a Halloween treat, but I know my little one loves monsters any day of the year! Especially when it looks this cute and delicious! Serve your toddler a healthy Hummus Monster this week! All you need is a small piece of naan, hummus, and a few fresh veggies for the details. Learn more about this monster recipe HERE.
Photo Credit: “Microwave Gluten-Free + Vegan Mac & Cheese” by Strength and Sunshine
If my child asks me for mac-n-cheese one more time this week you may find me in a corner somewhere! How can they eat mac-n-cheese this much? If you’re toddler is obsessed with mac-n-cheese, like mine, than you should band together with me and let’s start a healthy revolution! That’s right! No more processed blue box, no more powdered cheese, or shelf stable goo! Let’s serve them the mac-n-cheese they love with a great new twist! Strength and Sunshine is going to teach us how to make Microwave Gluten-Free + Vegan Mac & Cheese! It’s fast, it’s veggie, it’s everything moms love while leaving the kids clueless! Learn how to
trick serve up this healthy macaroni HERE.
Photo Credit: “Mickey Mouse Lunch Idea + Free Printable” by This Ole Mom
No matter if your child attends daycare, you’re going on a picnic, or if you’re just trying to get ahead during the day, this fun Mickey Mouse Lunch Idea from This Ole Mom is one of the cutest packed lunches I’ve seen in a while. Who knew you could do so much with a simple Mickey Mouse cookie cutter! After seeing this, cookie cutters are certainly NOT just for cookies anymore! Am I right? Grab this cute, cute, SUPER CUTE, lunch HERE.
Important Note: If you are serving grapes to toddlers, please cut them in half! Whole grapes are among the top three causes for food related deaths for children under five. Don’t serve up this adorable lunch, without cutting your grapes first!
25 Toddler Lunch Ideas
Click on the links below to grab all of the fun recipes and lunch ideas for toddlers. Each one is kid approved and guaranteed to help you conquer your lunchtime battles. Don’t forget to leave a comment while you are visiting my blog friends to let them know you found their amazing toddler lunches at The Dallas Socials!
- Homemade Gluten-Free + Allergy-Free Uncrustables by Strength and Sunshine
- Easy Gluten-Free + Vegan Pizza Bagels by Strength and Sunshine
- Microwave Gluten-Free + Vegan Mac & Cheese by Strength and Sunshine
- Green Eggs and Ham by Eating Richly
- Mini Muffin Corn Dogs by The Anthony Kitchen
- Unicorn Toast by Meraki Maker
- Easy Doritos Chicken Tenders by Dancing Through the Rain
- Snack Quesadillas by Were Parents
- Baked Chicken Nuggets by The Anthony Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Grape Roll-Ups by Having Fun Saving
- Easy Homemade Pizza Pockets by Delicious on a Dime
- Dinosaur School Lunch by My Three Little Kittens
- Homemade Gluten-Free Pizza Lunchables by Strength and Sunshine
- Easy Toddler Lunch for Daycare by The Mom Friend
- Homemade Spaghetti O’s by Strength and Sunshine
- Hummus Monster Halloween Lunch for Kids by Eating Richly
- Bento Lunch Ideas by Smashed Peas and Carrots
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Tacos by Homemade Interest
- Turkey and Cheese Apple Sandwich by Were Parents
- Make Your Own Mini PB&J Finger Foods by Must Have Mom
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Fruit Wraps by Having Fun Saving
- Turkey and Cheese Quesadillas by Eating on a Dime
- Turkey and Cheese Kabob by Eating on a Dime
- Mickey Mouse Lunch Idea Plus Free Printable by This Ole Mom
- Sweetened Berry & Cream Cheese Sandwich by Mom Does Reviews