Its official, spring is here! Let’s talk about the fantastic top 9 spring festivals in Dallas! Throw open your curtains and let the sunshine and fresh air pour into your home. We can finally get out and enjoy the beautiful spring flowers including my favorite part about spring, the Festivals! Now is the time to get dolled up, put on that sexy spring dress, get out of the house, and scoop up your family and your friends to hit the best festivals in the Dallas Area.
- Main street Fort Worth Art Festival: April 14 -17th Fort Worth hosts the largest arts festival in Texas. You could speed your whole weekend at the festival and probably not see everything that they offer. The festival covers an amazing 27 blocks of downtown. The festival showcases over 200 wonderful artists. If art is not your thing then come on in for the music! It is also Fort Worth’s largest music festival, featuring more than 100 local, regional, and national musicians performing on 3 stages.
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival: This festival is easy to catch if you have a free moment. You have 8 weekends to chose from begin with April 9th to May 30th. Pack up the family and take a quick trip down to Waxahashie where you can enjoy costumed revelers, more than 200 performances each day, Artisan Demo’s, giant turkey legs and more.
- ChocolateFest: What can be better than a festival about chocolate? Bring the whole family to a day of chocolate and art on april 16th. This will include chocolate samples and admission to the art exhibits. Don’t forget date night on April 16! There will be an evening of chocolate and wine! This evening includes wine samples, chocolate samples, horderves, a souvenir wine glass, and a silent auction with live music. Both events will be hosted at the Grapevine Convention Center.
- Old 97’s County Fair: This is a spring festival you will not want to miss. Dallas’ own Old 97’s and Home grown Music Arts Festival have come together to create the ultimate festival experience. This one stage, one day festival takes place on April 16th at the Main Street Garden. The festival features and variety of alt-country, that anyone will love. There is a 40 foot ferris wheel, corn dogs, and plenty of opportunities to try your luck in the midway. Bands will include Drive By Truckers, Lucero, Deer Tick, Justin Townes Earle, Nikki Lane, Brent best, and Madison King.
- Taco Libre Festival: Take part in the second art Taco Libre festival. The event site will have 21 taquerias curated by Jose R. Ralat. I know this festival will be packed with fun. Especially with their feature awesome bands like Lucha Libre Wrestling, the Taco Eating Take down challenge and book signings. Think you can take the heat? THE CHILI PEPPER CHALLENGE requires contestants to eat peppers with increasing heat levels till the last man (or woman) stands!
- Kwestival Festival: This new Spring Festival is bound to be a hit. Take a trip Klyde Warren Park and enjoy the elaborate scavenger hunt. The festival will feature 15 of Dallas’s nicest neighborhoods, you will also be able to buy samples and test out free products.This new Festival will be on April 23rd. I cannot wait to check out this one!
- Dallas International Guitar Festival: It is hard to go wrong with a classic. The Dallas International Guitar Festival is a tradition here, it is the oldest and the largest guitar show in the world. You can enjoy live performances by more than 60 local, Regional, and National artists on The festival’s four music stages. The festival has over 800 booths and exhibits to visit. Festivities will be held April 29th through May 1st at Dallas Market Hall.
- Dallas Cinco de Mayo: One of the amazing cultural aspects of Dallas is the Hispanic culture that is embedded into the state. Come celebrate with us at the Dallas Cinco de Mayo festival. May 7th Jefferson Boulevard in Dallas.The festival features a parade, car show and live bands. The festivities begin at 10 a.m. and last until 4, leaving you time to get to your Cinco de Mayo after party.
- Home Grown Music & Arts Festival: Do you love music? Do you love art? Then the Homegrown Music and Arts Festival located in Dallas is a festival for you. It features live art demos, Live bands, Street vendors, a dog park and so much more! The fun begins on May 14th at Main Street Garden.
- Dallas Blooms: It is not a true Spring Festival if you have not been to the Dallas Arboretum to enjoy the Dallas Blues Festival. There are more than 500,000 spring bulbs planted with a beautiful rainbow of colors. Nothing will get you in the spring spirit quite like this beautiful array of flowers. The festival goes through April 10th.
I hope that you are able to enjoy all that spring has to offer….. especially the festivals! What Dallas festivals are your favorites?