As someone who is always on the go, eating healthy is a struggle. It’s so much easier to be able to drive through a fast food then to bring your own food but I’m not a fan of fast food. I don’t like the way that I feel after I eat it and I know that my body needs more nutrition added.
Meal planning has been key to keeping me on track when it comes to eating healthy and one thing I’ve added to daily menu is salads. I actually love salads and eat one almost every day. While they aren’t always the easiest thing to take on the road, there are lots of great take-along salads!
Photo Credit: Apple Grape Salad by My Gluten Free Kitchen
Before we dig into these great salads I want you to know one thing — this fruit salad is going to change your life! It’s true! My Gluten Free Kitchen is showing off one of her finest recipes here! This Apple Grape Salad is going to have you mumbling “This is Gluten Free?” while you are chomping away at a big bite! Don’t even wait for your next backyard event, make it today! Prep your ingredient list before your next shopping trip—–>HERE.
Photo Credit: Bean Salad Recipe – My MIL’s Famous Galena Caviar by A Magical Mess
A Magical Mess had me just by looking at her beautiful Galena Caviar (bean salad), but when I read the ingredients, I was a little surprised to see hot tomatoes AND Italian dressing listed! Although she ensures us this bean salad recipe is a crowd pleaser, I’m still equally certain it will be an interesting (and very talked about) dish! Give it a try for yourself —–>HERE.
Photo Credit: Instant Pot Potato Salad by Southern Family Lifestyle
It usually takes two pots, a strainer, a large bowl, and a few small bowls to pull-off a great southern potato salad, but Southern Family Lifestyle has found a way around all the fuss with her Instant Pot! To get started you will just toss your diced potatoes, eggs, and water directly into your instant pot TOGETHER! In less than five minutes (quick release) and you are ready to strain, cool, peel your eggs, and mix your salad! When was the last time you made a true Southern potato salad at home in less than fifteen minutes? If you’re like me, never! I have never made potato salad that fast! Hurry over to find out how to wow your family with your ridiculously fast potato salad—–>HERE.
20 Take-Along Salads
Click on the links below to grab the recipes for these delicious salads to take-along with you anywhere you choose! Take them with you to Sunday dinner, take them to your neighbor’s barbecue, or take them to the beach while you watch the fireworks from your reclining chair! But before you enjoy all of these amazing salads, make sure you leave a comment letting my blog friends know that you found them at The Dallas Socials!
- Apple Grape Salad by My Gluten Free Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad by The kitchen is My Playground
- Favorite Southern Potato Salad by To Simply Inspire
- Healthy Potato Salad by I Was Born To Cook
- Watermelon, Cucumber & Jicama Salad with Coconut Lime Dressing by The Rising Spoon
- Cucumber Caprese Salad by Ann’s Entitled Life
- Broccoli Slaw Salad with Creamy No Mayo Dressing by Flavor The Moments
- Colorful Green Bean Salad by Having Fun Saving & Cooking
- Red White & Blue Fruit Salad by Eating Richly
- Creole Potato Salad by Sincerely Mindy
- Cauliflower Potato Salad by Wholesome Yum
- Roasted Beet and Sweet Potato Salad by Homemade for Elle
- Greek Orzo Summer Salad by Cooking on the Front Burner
- Sweet and Savory Broccoli Salad by Mama to 6 Blessings
- Mom’s Best Potato Salad by Sunny Simple Life
- Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon by The Forked Spoon
- Bean Salad Recipe – My MIL’s Famous Galena Caviar by A Magical Mess
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese & Mint by April Golightly
- Instant Pot Potato Salad by Southern Family Lifestyle
- Pistachio Pudding Cool Whip Salad by Happy Deal Happy Day