The holidays are here! This is my favorite time of the year. It’s a time to buy gifts for others, spend time with your loved ones and bake all the things. I live in my kitchen the last three months of the year. I love to experiment with recipes and deliver treats to my friends, family and neighbors.
Even if you aren’t ready to acknowledge it, Christmas will be here in less than 2 months. That might seem like a long time, but we all know that time flies and it will be here before we know it. To get in the holiday spirit, I started some holiday baking. There’s nothing quite like turning on some holiday music, whipping up some treats and making the family happy with chocolate.
I love all types of recipes, no matter if they’re easy or complicated. The easy recipes are great for when you’re in a rush but want to make something delicious and sweet. One of my go-to recipes is Reindeer Brownies. These reindeer brownies can be made homemade or you can use a box mix to make things even more simpler. For this recipe, I used the box mix but feel free to modify it to your liking!
makes 1 9×13 pan
- 2 boxes of brownie mix
- eggs (find specifics on brownie box)
- oil (find specifics on brownie box)
- water (find specifics on brownie box)
- 1 container of chocolate fudge frosting
- 1 package of small edible eyes
- a small bag of M&M’s, red picked out
- 1 bag of mini pretzels
- 1 sheet of parchment paper, long enough to come about the sides about 2 inch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Follow the directions on the back of the brownie box to make the brownies
- Once brownies are baked and cooled, open the container of frosting and peel back the foil
- Place container of frosting into the microwave on increments of 20 seconds until slightly melted
- Pour frosting onto cooled brownies and spread using a rubber spatula.
- Once brownies have been frosted place into the fridge for 30 minutes
- After the 30 minutes, remove brownies from the pan and cut into bars
- Place 1 pretzel on each top corner for the Antlers
- Place two eyes under the pretzels
- Place a red M&M into the center for his nose
This is such a simple but fun dessert to make. If you have little ones, they can easily participate and decorate the reindeer with extra candy.
Baking is all about your oven and how well is performs. No matter how perfect you make the recipe, if you have an oven that doesn’t work properly you’ve wasted your time. I’ve done this more times than I can count when I had an oven that was horrible. The door didn’t shut all the way so the heating element wouldn’t work correctly. Since the door wouldn’t shut, the knobs literally burned off and were so hot to touch when I would cook. It was such a disaster!
To be sure you’re getting the very best quality appliance, look at what LG appliances have to offer. I’m swooning over the LG Self Cleaning Freestanding Double Oven Electric Convection Range. The large 7.3-cubic-foot capacity lets you bake in the convection oven while roasting in the other. The unit is easy to clean with no smelly chemicals. Smooth, sleek knobs offer finger-touch control for easy operation. That means you and cook dinner and dessert at the same time! How amazing would that be?
For a limited time Best Buy is offering a great bundle deal on LG appliances. Save $100–$400 when you buy a select LG refrigerator, range OR wall oven, over-the-range microwave OR cooktop, and dishwasher. Save an additional $100 when you choose a package in black stainless steel (excludes cooktops). Plus, save an additional $100 when you buy a select LG washer and dryer. For more info visit their Prep for the Holidays page!