Shopping for new appliances can be exciting and exhausting. There are so many appliances out there that it can be tough to know which one is right for you and your house. My husband and I shop for appliances often. We like to rotate our appliances often so we’re always looking for the next best thing.
While shopping, we often hear a bunch of the same keywords. One of the phrases we hear often is “energy efficient.” I know after you hear these words over and over, you start to forget how important they really are. It took me a while to understand how important it was to have energy efficient appliances, especially because we own so many.
Let’s break down energy efficient and how you can benefit from owning Energy Star washer and dryers.
ENERGY STAR® is the government-backed symbol for energy efficiency, providing simple, credible, and unbiased information that consumers and businesses rely on to make well-informed decisions. Thousands of industrial, commercial, utility, state, and local organizations—including more than 40 percent of the Fortune 500®—rely on their partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to deliver cost-saving energy efficiency solutions.
Eighty-eight percent of the nation’s largest homebuilders build ENERGY STAR certified homes, helping to bring the total to more than 1.7 million homes built as of 2016. Additionally, in 2016, 79,000 homeowners retrofitted their existing homes for improved energy efficiency through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program. ENERGY STAR products are independently certified to save energy without sacrificing features or functionality. Saving energy helps prevent climate change. Look for the ENERGY STAR label to save money on your energy bills and help protect our environment.
Want to learn more?
Watch this video from Best Buy: https://corporate.bestbuy.com/youre-a-laundry-star-when-you-buy-energy-star/
Owning Energy Star washers and dryers is better for you, the environment and your clothes. Saving energy cuts down on your household bills, protects the climate and cuts down on wear and tear on your clothes!
Here are five benefits of Owning an Energy Star Washer and Dryer:
- Clothes washers that have earned the ENERGY STAR use 25% less energy and approximately 45% less water than standard models. Clothes dryers that have earned the ENERGY STAR use approximately 20% less energy than standard models.
- A new ENERGY STAR certified clothes washer will save you about $45 a year on your utility bills compared to a standard model.
- Front-load and advanced top-load clothes washers’ sophisticated wash systems use a variety of methods to lift and tumble your laundry, lengthening the life of often-washed items. Additionally, because they are so gentle, many models can safely clean silk, wool and other hand-washables.
- Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. When you purchase an ENERGY STAR certified clothes dryer, look for the cycle that uses the least amount of energy, sometimes known as the “energy-saving” selection.
- Many ENERGY STAR dryers also include convenient features, such as a steam cycle that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles.
Fun Fact: If all clothes washers sold in the U.S. were ENERGY STAR certified, we would save more than $4 billion each year and prevent more than 19 billion pounds of carbon pollution annually. This is equal to the emissions from 1.7 million vehicles.
We recently added a new Samsung FlexWash and FlexDry to our home this year, read all about it here.
Learn more about ENERGY STAR from Best Buy: https://corporate.bestbuy.com/youre-a-laundry-star-when-you-buy-energy-star/