When’s the last time you bought shaving cream at the store? For me, it’s been years. Don’t worry, I’m still shaving just not buying the products from the store any longer. While I love the way my legs felt when using store bought shaving cream, I didn’t realize there were so many ingredients used to make a product that should be so simple.
I would love to say that I am one of those people who eat all organic, only buy products with a few ingredients and home make anything and everything I can. Yes, I want my family to be healthy but I’m all about balance and I don’t stress too much over that type of stuff unless I can find an easy fix.
Shaving cream was one of those things that I realized was so simple to make. Some of the recipes I found only called for TWO INGREDIENTS and it’s ingredients that you already have in your home! It’s absolutely mind blowing when I realize how many things we put on and in our body when we don’t have to.
I’ve gathered a few shaving cream recipes that you can easily make at home and ditch your store bough shaving cream. These recipes are so simple and I know you’ll love them.
Now that we’ve talked about shaving cream, let’s talk about razors. I’ll be the first to admit, I used to always buy cheap razors because well, they were cheap and I didn’t want to spend money on them. I learned over the years what a difference a good razor makes especially if you’re like me and have to shave daily.
My husband has always been a stickler when it came to shavers and I finally get it. He’s latest obsession is the Philips Norelco S9000 Prestige Qi-Charge Electric Shaver. Some of his favorite features:
- Excellent skin comfort system: Enables you to get a highly efficient shave even on a longer (up to seven-day) beard.
- Qi Charger: Allows wireless charging
- Shave wet or dry: With S9000 you can shave dry or use water, foam or gel for even better gliding and a smoother skin feeling.
- NanoTech precision blades: Strengthened with thousands of nano particles that cut hair with the highest precision, delivering an extremely close shave at skin level.
- SmartClick precision trimmer: Finish your look with the skin-friendly SmartClick precision trimmer. It is ideal for maintaining your mustache and trimming your sideburns.
- Washable design simplifies cleanup: Features an easy three-step cleaning process.
- Up to 60 minutes of cordless shaving per full charge: The high-capacity battery also fully charges in as little as 1 hour.
- ContourDetect heads: Move in 8 directions to follow every contour of your face, even catching hair in hard-to-reach areas like the neck and jawline. Shaving heads are surrounded with SkinComfort rings, which have a special protective coating so the shaver glides smoothly over your skin.
- BeardAdapt sensor: Effortlessly shave off even a dense beard. The BeardAdapt sensor checks hair density 15 times per second and automatically adapts the shaver to your hair.
If you’re looking for the perfect shaver for your significant other, this is it! You can purchase the Philips Norelco S9000 Prestige at your local Best Buy.