When I got married last year, one of the most fun things we got to do while preparing for the big day was registering for gifts. It wasn’t all about what we were going to receive but it was fun to go with my soon to be husband and “shop” for items. It was a fun to spend that time together and get to know even more about each other. I learned about things he liked, loved and hated.
While registering, we came into a few problems that we didn’t know what to do. There were some high priced items that we needed but there is no way that we could have registered for them. The last thing I wanted was someone to think I was rude asking for a new refrigerator. I knew that not one person would buy it for me, but it was very possible that a group of people would all pitch in a small amount to buy one large present. I believe the highest priced item that we put on our registry was the Ninja Blender and we actually got it! A group of my mom’s friends all pitched in and bought it for us. It was awesome because it was an item that we needed but not something that I would go out and buy for myself.
This year Best Buy started Group Gifting which is exactly what I needed a year ago when I got married. Your guests will spend what they want and you’ll get what you want. It’s as simple as that. Now you don’t have to feel bad when asking for higher ticket items. There are a few items that I wish I had added to my registry that I wanted to share with yall. I’ve acquired all of these items in the first year of marriage and I wish I had them on my list so we didn’t have to buy them ourselves.
Must have items for your wedding registry
- Samsung French Door Refrigerator – We had a side by side Samsung refrigerator and there was nothing wrong with it. It did it’s job but nothing more. We finally broke down and got a Samsung French Door Refrigerator and not only am I saving money but it makes cooking so much easier. The extra door in the fridge which allows me to grab items I use often and with all the extra space, I’m able to grab all items that I need easily without digging around. This fridge fit in the same spot as my old fridge but has given me so much more space.
- Hero Go Pro – I ended up buying my husband one because we needed one for our honeymoon. We were able to capture each other riding waves, kayaking and scuba diving with this amazing camera. It is worth every penny that I spent. Even if you aren’t wanting to film lots of crazy outdoor adventures, it’s perfect for every day use.
- iRobot – I never thought in my life that I would want a roomba. Quinn and I went back and forth for many months about getting a maid. I couldn’t stomach the fact that we needed a maid when we don’t have kids and I should be able to do it all. We ended up buying the roomba and my life changed. I have it set to clean my house every night at 2am and my house has never been so clean. It does the work when I don’t have the time to.
- Canon T5i Rebel – Even though camera phones have advanced, they don’t compare to a picture taken from a dslr. Since we attend so many events in Dallas, I needed to step up my photography game. Although I’m still learning everything about the camera, it has given me the ability to capture so many memories in our first year being married.
- Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal + Allergy – This isn’t just a vacuum, this is a lean, mean, house cleaning machine. I use it to vacuum my hard wood floors, travertine and carpet with no problem. I use the extensions to dust my blinds and ceiling fan.Want to hear one of the best parts? It’s so amazing that even my husband uses it – without me asking. It’s a serious all in one cleaner that has been crucial in keeping our house clean with 3 dogs and a cat.